‘Tis the season! Pumpkin Pancakes–great for cozy mornings…or comforting dinners! Perfectly spiced, naturally sweet to celebrate everyday or holidays. (All gluten free, refined sugar free, and dairy, soy & egg free too!)
1 cup rolled oats
2 Tbsp flax seed
3 Tbsp gluten free flour
¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
½ cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tbsp baking powder
½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp coconut oil
¼ cup coconut sugar
¼ tsp sea salt
- Process oats and flax seed in food processor or blender into flour.
- Add remaining ingredients to blender and process until well mixed.
- Let the batter sit for a couple minutes, for the mixture to thicken.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over low/medium heat. Once hot, add small amount of coconut oil and spread around hot pan.
- Make pancakes, scooping about ¼ cup batter on the pan for each one. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until nicely browned. Flip. Cook for another 2-3 minutes on the second side and until pancakes are not doughy.
- Top with chopped pecans and maple syrup.
Freeze pancakes and reheat in the toaster for a quick, easy breakfast.
Check out the amazing benefits of pumpkin (beyond lattes and decor) and other pumpkin recipes.
Enjoy the beautiful, crisp season…and share the goodness!